Watch a preview
This is an intermediate course that introduces Business Analysis in automation. It is suitable for those looking to understand and apply Automation business process analysis as part of their analyst or business manager role. You will learn about the Business Analyst role and responsibilities and how you can support Automation Implementation. This training also covers the skills and challenges you may face in a Business Analyst position. In addition, there is an entire section dedicated to the Automation Business Analysis tools and documents.
The Automation Business Analysis Fundamentals takes 3 hours to complete. At the end, you will receive a diploma of completion.
To start with this course, you don't need prior coding or development knowledge. If you are unfamiliar with automation, we recommend taking the Introduction to Automation course for a better learning experience.
This course is for Business Analysts, Business Managers, and Process Managers who want to learn the fundamentals of Business Analysis in automation.
The Automation Business Analysis Fundamentals training contains an introduction to business analysis, the importance of business analysis in automation, working as a Business Analyst, explaining Business Analyst roles and their responsibilities. You then learn about the Automation journey and how the Business Analyst role can support various stages of Automation Implementation. The full agenda covers:
- What is Business Analysis?
- Domains Adopting Business Analysis
- Importance of Business Analysis in Automation
- What is a Process? The RPA Perspective
- The Business Analyst - Role, Skills, and Challenges
- Implementation Methodology Stages Overview
- Business Case and Technical Validation
- Process Analysis
- Solution Design, Development, and Testing
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Deployment, Hypercare, and Project Closure
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Define what business analysis is and how it helps organizations in strategic planning and improved decision-making.
- Describe the importance of business analysis in automation.
- Explain what a process is, its components, and procedures, as well as their differences.
- Describe the role, responsibilities, required skills, and potential challenges that a Business Analyst might face during an automation project implementation.
- Determine the automation suitability of each process, prioritize the processes based on their complexity, feasibility, and other related factors, and calculate their potential automation benefits.
- Analyze and document the As-Is process, then define and finalize the To-Be process. Identify the purpose and sections of the Process Definition Document, as well as how to fill it out.
- Manage and monitor changes throughout the entire automation life cycle.
- Define different change categories and the stages involved in the Change Control Process.
- Prepare and coordinate a User Acceptance Testing (UAT) plan.
Once you’ve finished the Automation Business Analysis Fundamentals course, there are additional courses you can take to further your knowledge of Automation in business and the UiPath platform. These include Process Analysist Fundamentals with UiPath Process Mining, UiPath Automation Hub Overview, and UiPath Task Capture. See the ‘Related Courses’ tab to view all your options.